Representing SBD Automotive as an ADAS and autonomous professional, you will lead research projects and workshops with clients on a range of technical and market topics, and work in partnership with them to shape their products and future strategies. In addition, you will extensively support SBD’s business development teams on the sale of reports and consulting projects, as well as provide effective technical account management to various clients throughout the automotive ecosystem. Overall, your role will consist of 50% research and consulting, 40% support to the business development and client relations teams, and the remainder working and communicating within SBD’s growing global autonomous car practice.
The role will further utilize your project management skills from proposal preparation to on-time project research and delivery:
• Researching and consulting in the areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and V2X including adaptive cruise control, collision warning, night vision, blind spot monitoring and more
• Working in partnership with clients to help shape their products and future product strategies
• Extensive analysis of research to interpret data resulting in the composition of easy to read, high quality, technical reports
• Responding to specific client one-off projects which may range from vehicle or technology benchmarking to performance testing of prototype or production systems
• Writing clear and compelling customer proposals and support the sale of SBD’s reports and various consulting projects
• Attending and effectively engaging at trade shows, industry events, and on-site projects
• Networking with key individuals across the automotive technology ecosystem
You will already have autonomous car technology knowledge and experience through a role in research, technical and/or business development working for an automotive manufacturer, Tier 1 or 2 supplier, research institution, and/or other consulting firm. You will need to demonstrate the following:
• An understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the autonomous car industry, and evidence of your ability to keep abreast of technical and business developments in this fast-moving sector
• Excellent planning and organizational skills to deliver multiple high-quality projects on time
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport and inspire confidence with SBD’s clients; fluent in English (other languages a plus)
• Effective PowerPoint skills for clear presentations and Excel for complex modelling/forecasting/calculations
• Proficient in written business communications
• Comfortable working under pressure to achieve challenging deadlines without compromising the quality of deliverables
• Making presentations in front of teams, and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a succinct and persuasive manner
This is a full-time position with significant career growth opportunities. Compensation includes annual salary and competitive benefits package (health care and 401K match among others). SBD Automotive is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume highlighting your relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please use “Autonomous Car Specialist– North America Office” in the e-mail title.